New Mexico State University has a tradition of providing undergraduate and graduate students with exceptional academic programs, highly respected faculty, and nationally recognized research programs. The NMSU Alumni Association is honored to recognize some of the best and brightest as our Spring 2021 Outstanding Graduates:
- Chali Simpson – College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences; Range Science, Soil Science
- Zaira Martin – College of Arts and Sciences; Gender & Sexuality Studies, Criminal Justice, Government, Spanish
- Mariana De la Rosa Zapata – College of Business; Accounting, Finance
- Aimee Ryan – College of Education; Counseling and Community Psychology
- Jessie Linder– College of Engineering; Chemical Engineering
- Dexter Zapien – College of Health and Social Services; Social Work
- Marianna Corkill – Master’s candidate, Graduate School; Master of Social Work
- Jackie Beth Shilcutt – Doctoral candidate, Graduate School; Doctor of Philosophy in Kinesiology
Each semester, the Outstanding Graduate Award is presented to a graduating student from each of the academic colleges and to both a masters and a doctoral candidate from the Graduate School. Honorees are chosen through a nomination and dean selection process and recognized for their exceptional academic achievements, notable leadership skills and extracurricular commitment to the university and the community.
“In these uncertain times, one thing remains certain; NMSU has some of the most outstanding students in the nation,” says Derek Dictson, President of the New Mexico State University Foundation, “It is an honor each semester to recognize an outstanding graduate from each of our academic colleges as well as two students from the graduate school. Their commitment to their academics and communities is impressive. The NMSU Foundation and the Alumni Association are honored to be a part of this important recognition for our students.”
The NMSU Alumni Association’s Outstanding Graduate Award is a time-honored tradition at the university and a prestigious distinction for its recipients. Each honoree will be recognized virtually via Zoom ceremony, on our website at https://www.support.nmsu.edu and @NMSUAlumFriends social media pages.