New Mexico State University’s Alumni Association has announced the seven winners of its biannual Outstanding Graduate Awards, representing each college of the university, as well as its master’s and doctoral programs.
Students at NMSU benefit from exceptional academic curricula, highly-respected faculty and nationally-recognized research programs, and each semester the university produces extraordinary and proficient academic degree candidates.
The Class of 2022 fall semester Outstanding Graduates include:
- Jillian Hughes – College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences; bachelor’s degree in animal and range sciences
- Alyssa Alger – College of Arts and Sciences; bachelor’s degree in biology
- Hayden Alexander Steinweg – College of Business; bachelor’s degree in marketing
- Dawson Vanterrance Drake – College of Engineering; bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, communications and digital signal processing
- Emmarie Veronica Heredia – College of Health, Education and Social Transformation; bachelor’s degree in early childhood education
- Lucas S. Rivera – College of Engineering; master’s degree in civil engineering, geotechnology and water resources
- Nowara Faraj Abudabbous – College of Health, Education and Social Transformation; Ph.D. in special education
Honorees are chosen through a rigorous nomination and dean selection process. They will be recognized during the Fall 2022 Commencement exercises for their exceptional academic achievements, notable leadership skills and extracurricular commitment to the university and community.
“At NMSU, we are fortunate to educate some of the most exceptional and inspiring students in the country,” said Derek Dictson, NMSU Foundation president. “These outstanding graduates from each of our academic colleges, as well as two of our graduate students, truly deserve this recognition. I look forward to seeing what these amazing Aggies will accomplish in their communities and around the world.”
The NMSU Alumni Association’s Outstanding Graduate Award recipients will be recognized at the Outstanding Graduates Luncheon Friday, Dec. 9; on the NMSU Foundation website at www.nmsualumni.org; and on the @NMSUAlumFriends social media pages.