New Mexico State University has a tradition of providing undergraduate and graduate students with exceptional academic programs, highly respected faculty and nationally recognized research programs. As a result, each semester the graduating classes produce some of the most impressive and qualified candidates in their fields for academic degrees, ready to take bold steps and shape the future.
The NMSU Alumni Association is honored to recognize the best and brightest of the class of 2022. The recipients of the spring 2022 Outstanding Graduate Award include:
- Liam St. Hilaire – College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences; genetics and biotechnology
- Jenna Dunlap – College of Arts and Sciences; graphic design and photography
- Margarita Leal Marrufo – College of Business; finance, economics and international business
- Domunick Gonzales – College of Engineering; engineering physics and aerospace engineering
- Katherine Anne Harston – College of Health, Education and Social Transformation; kinesiology
- Fallon E. Murphy – Master’s candidate, College of Arts and Sciences; communication studies
- Sayed Kaes Maruf Hossain – Doctoral candidate, Graduate School; industrial engineering
Honorees are chosen through a rigorous nomination and dean selection process and recognized during commencement exercises for their exceptional academic achievements, notable leadership skills and extracurricular commitment to the university and community.
“We have the privilege of educating some of the world’s brightest, most promising students at NMSU,” said Derek Dictson, president of the NMSU Foundation and vice president for University Advancement. “The honor of recognizing these outstanding graduates from each of our academic colleges as well as our two graduate students is truly inspiring. It will be exciting to see what these passionate, curious, dedicated Aggies accomplish in their communities and across the world.”
The NMSU Alumni Association’s Outstanding Graduate Award is a time-honored tradition at the university and a prestigious distinction for its recipients. Each honoree will be recognized at the Outstanding Graduates Luncheon on Friday, May 6, as well as on the NMSU Foundation website and on the @NMSUAlumFriends social media pages.